Hayk Khachikyan was born on May 13, 1985 in Gavar. Studied at the Yerevan State University, faculty of International Relations.
Hayk Khachikyan is considered one of the best coaches of the Chess Academy of Armenia.
1993-1997 studied at the Giotto School of Fine Arts.
2002 graduated from Yerevan Secondary school N 56 after Stepan Zoryan.
2012 graduated from Yerevan State University, Faculty of International Relations, department of Political Science. Awarded a Master’s degree in political science.
- Champion of Gavar city
- Champion of Gegharkunik region
- Chess champion of the All-Army Games
- Took the 1-2nd place in the championship of the sports school after Henrik Gasparyan
- Champion of student games in YSU team
- 2016 Winner of current ranking group at the Poti International Tournament
- 2021 Winner of current ranking group at the Belgrade International Tournament
- Since 2013 has been working at the basic school No. 8 after Alexander Pushkin
- Since 2014 has been working at Davtashen Chess School
- Since 2015 has been teaching at Gavar State University and implementing Chess Theory and Practice. Hayk Khachikyan is an author of a number of scientific articles. About a dozen of his students, who succeeded in exams, received three-year certificates for teaching the subject of "Chess".
- Since 2021 has been working at the Chess Academy of Armenia as a coach
Since 2014, he has had around 35 first-category level players, many of whom have won and received prizes during international tournaments in Armenia, and who have successfully competed in the World and European Junior Championships, including:
- Vice-champion of Armenia U-10 boys
- Vice-champion of Armenia U-10 girls
- 2 vice-champions of Armenia U-12 boys
- Champion of Yerevan U-10
- 2 vice-champions of Yerevan U-12
- Yerevan U-12 took the 3rd place
- 2 champions of Yerevan U-14
- Champion of “ Chess house” U-8
- 2 champions of “Chess house” U-10
- 2 champions of “Chess house” U- 12
- Champion in Stepan Avagyan international tournament in Jermuk U-10
- Champion in Stepan Avagyan international tournament in Jermuk U- 12
- 2nd and 3rd places in Stepan Avagyan International Tournament in Jermuk
- 2nd and 3rd places in Andranik Margaryan Memorial U- 12
- Double champion of Kotayk region U-14 boys tournament, and a champion U- 12
- 1 champion U-14, 1 champion U-12, 1 champion U-10 in Kotayk region girls tournament
- Champion of Ararat Region Men's Championship
- Champion of the 9-year-old boys' championship in Sochi
- Boston High School Championship Champion
- Nana Alexandria Cup 1st place in the 1900 rating group
- Nona Gaprindashvili Cup 1st place in 1900 rating group
- "Best Coach" according to the results of the 2018 International Youth Chess Tournament
- Appreciation letter for « skillful coaching activities» from the head of Davtashen administrative district